By the way, Kipley has two teeth, and has learned how to sit up on his own.......
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
The life and times of a Mapson
The last two weeks have been a whirlwind of activity in the Mapson household. Joe had a birthday, Johanna started at a new pre-preschool, Kipley learned how to sit up on his own, and I started a new job...... Although there has been a lot going on, I have had the opportunity to really enjoy my family, and the little people that I am blessed to have as kids.
Johanna has been the most amazing big sister any little boy could hope for. Kipley was born when Jo was only 21 months old. And for those of you with human development background know, that is a really really hard time to have to share Mommy. But since Kipley was born I have never seen her be anything but gentle and kind to him. I know that I am in the presence of one of the most gentle and emotionally intelligent little girls on the planet. I am so lucky to have all of Johanna's help. And as the pictures portray, Kipley is a mountain of a baby, but that doesn't dissuade Jo from wanting to hold him, which actually ends up being a pretty funny sight.

This is a beautiful picture of my mom, doing what she loves best..... She loves my babies like they are her own, and I am so happy that they have the opportunity to have a really close relationship with her (they see her at least 3x a week). My mom is my inspiration, she is so smart, and beautiful and she gives of herself endlessly. I hope to be like her (minus the funny quirks-- love you Ma ) when I finally grow up....
Kipley has to be the happiest and most content baby in the world. He will just sit and talk to himself or whoever is listening for hours on end. And as far as babies go, he is huge! He weighs a whopping 24.5lbs at 6.5 months, which is the 99th percentile. And I thought that Johanna was big. He is also a really fun baby because he is so calm. He just seems to be a peaceful soul, which gives a great contribution to hectic family life. I love him so much. I often sit and marvel at what an amazing gift children are in my life, and how they come pre-programed with their own personality and temperament, and how their personalities have been a wonderful and calming influence on my life. Being a mom rocks!
By the way, Kipley has two teeth, and has learned how to sit up on his own.......
By the way, Kipley has two teeth, and has learned how to sit up on his own.......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
yay! I love that picture of Sammy, I'm going to have to steal it. So everyone on my blog can see how cute he looks actin like a daddy holdin a baby. I cant wait to make you auntie whit!love you guys!
Post a Comment