Sunday, November 2, 2008

Fall Fun!!!


It has been such a hectic month that I just realized that the last time I posted was the beginning of the month... Johanna is learning to use the potty by herself, it is so much fun to see her sense of accomplishment when she uses the potty! I didn't realized that she would use the phrase "I need to go potty!" as a manipulation tool, but every night at bedtime we spend an extended period on the toilet... Sometimes she is too smart for her own good.



As you can see, Johanna was a witch and Kippie was a monkey for Halloween. I thought this year Jo would be interested in trick-or-treating, but I was mistaken. We ended up at Mudd and Whistle's house (Jo's paternal great-grandparents) exploring, and playing with Whistle's cool dolls... Well at least the house isn't filled with candy.


These pictures are of the annual pumpkin carving celebration at Gobbie's, where Cole and Aly tried to out-do their masterpiece from last year, however I think that will be coming with a new game plan for next year. Johanna was only interesting in moving the pumkin guts from one place to another, but hey she was having fun.






Aunt Ali had fun burying Jo in the leaves and teaching her how to crunch and throw them around.





Isn't this priceless! Cole and Kippie, relaxing on Gobbie's porch...


Joe had the opportunity to go to Atlanta this month to spend some time with his cousins, and enjoy Moorehouse's homecoming celebration. In this picture he is with Joseph (left) and his cousin Angie. They had a great time, and will probably head to ATL every October to reunite as a family.


So although I can't believe that October has come and gone without many opportunities to document our progress, I am glad to say that it has been a very eventful month. I love that my life goes on without major turmoil that is present in so many people's lives right now. I am also grateful that I have such wonderful people in my life.
P.S. I hope you foot is beginning to feel better Ma-Mah! We love and miss you!!!


2 comments:

Devon said...

That picture of Little Kip in his costume is awesome. can't wait to see you guys this thanksgiving.

steele life said...

hey those are cute pictures. I love them I took some pictures on my phone of your kids, but then I decided not to put your kids up. But they were so cute. That is such a cute picture of cole and kippy. Plus your kids looked so cute in there costumes.!!