Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Pickle Makes Jamba Juice....



When Johanna got up this morning I was making pancakes, and she wanted to help. She decided that she wanted to make Jamba Juice since she knows that is her dad's favorite treat (for those of you who don't know, Jamba juice is a company that makes fresh fruit smoothies). I asked her how she was going to make Jamba juice and she told me that she needed the water on, and a cup. The result was water all over my floor, but a busy child for the next 45 minutes. When she was finished moving water back and forth from one cup to the other, she then took a drink and proclaimed "mmmmm, So Good!"
I got the biggest kick out of the fact that she wanted to make Jamba juice since her Daddy likes it so much, it was so cute! It was really good to have her being so funny this morning because I woke up feeling quite sad as I sometimes do when I think about my parent's impending divorce. I don't care what the experts say, divorce is hard on kids, no matter what age they are. It is especially hard since I didn't see it coming, or have any warning. And in the face of all the beautiful and happy things that have happened so far this year (my college graduation, Ali's high school graduation, Cole & Aly's wedding, and the birth of my Son) there is always a haze in my sky thinking about my family falling apart. But the good that is coming through the haze is that my mother is a strong smart woman, and the ties that bind family together are very strong. I do know that the pain of the divorce will pass, and our relationships will be forever different, but always as strong. I love my parents so much, and wish them the peace and happiness that they both deserve.

1 comment:

steele life said...

hey girl, We need to get together, We have so much to talk about. I know life has been busy, its been busy here. But we miss you guys, and my parents just redid their backyard so we now have a hot tub, a fire pit and a BBQ and a tramp, you guys should come over for a night of fun!
love you guys! good luck with everything that is coming up, I cant imagine how hard it is to have parents go thru a divorce, I've never had it happen, but I will be here to listen to you if you need an ear. I've been thru divorce, so I know that much. but maybe its for the best and your mom will be happy,
best of luck with everything
see you at the wedding
SARA!!