I just got home from the most incredible experience of my life. My sister and I both graduated from school this year (her from high school me from college) and our parents decided that we should celebrate with a trip, so they sent us to Italy and Greece for 2 weeks with a group of people from Ali's school. We spent time in Venice, Florence, Rome, Delphi and Athens. We also had several day trips to places like Pisa and Ferrara.
Saturday, July 5, 2008
European Vacation...
Hi Everyone!
I just got home from the most incredible experience of my life. My sister and I both graduated from school this year (her from high school me from college) and our parents decided that we should celebrate with a trip, so they sent us to Italy and Greece for 2 weeks with a group of people from Ali's school. We spent time in Venice, Florence, Rome, Delphi and Athens. We also had several day trips to places like Pisa and Ferrara.
It was so amazing to be able to see architecture like we saw, and be in places (like the streets of Venice) that far outdate anything that we have ever walked on. I have a huge appreciate for Catholic churches after this vacation, they are incredible in their detail and significance. It takes worship to a whole new level.
Florence was an amazing city, and probably my favorite overall. The picture above is a view of the city from a near by hill.
This picture is of the Duomo in Venice, which is one of the first main sights that we saw when after arriving to Italy. It literally took my breath away, and I think that I stood speechless for a period of time....
We had so much fun that we have decided to save for another European vacation.
I just got home from the most incredible experience of my life. My sister and I both graduated from school this year (her from high school me from college) and our parents decided that we should celebrate with a trip, so they sent us to Italy and Greece for 2 weeks with a group of people from Ali's school. We spent time in Venice, Florence, Rome, Delphi and Athens. We also had several day trips to places like Pisa and Ferrara.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I cried b/c some of the churches in Italy were so beautiful! Too bad so many people went hungry and broke their backs to get them built!! haha Oh Catholicism! Your pics brought back memories of my long ago trip there... Glad you had fun!
Post a Comment