Tuesday, June 9, 2009

PRIDE Festival 2009















Every year I go to the PRIDE Festival at the City and County Building in Salt Lake. This year I decided to take my kids (with tons of help from my bff Amanda) so that they could have the experience. Had it not been for the rain, it would have been a joyous event. We had so much fun watching the parade, Jo had her eyes wide open the entire time to all the new sights and sounds. The highlight of the day for me was the when Kippie decided that he wanted to be held by the man standing next to me (read: 50+ year old Latino man with big goatee, shaved head, great veneers, and his 20 year old boyfriend).





Amanda and I braved the storm this year, and with her help I had a great time. Next year maybe we will have sun.


2 comments:

www.saramichellestuff.blogspot.com said...

hey,I have a new blog! I can't believe how big the babies are! I miss the kids. give them a smooch from me. I miss you lady... I think we need to do dinner or lunch or something... I miss you lady!

Amanda said...

I had fun girl! I loved how Jo thought the parade was just for her birthday!