Friday, September 5, 2008

*Johanna Gets Braids*



On Labor day Johanna got her hair braided for the first time. It was really funny to see that she really wanted to have braids too, and that at 2 years old she can conceptualize what being feminine is. She was telling me that braids are for pretty girls. It was pretty funny. It was also amazing to see that a child at this busy age had the capacity to sit still for over and hour in the name of beauty. I am raising a "girly-girl"...... Well luckily I have a couple of girly-girls in the family that I can lean on for support in this journey. I also forgot to mention that she now wants to have her toenails painted like her friend Mimi, so she currently has sparkly pink toenails!
Every day I am amazed at the love and happiness that Johanna brings to my life, I am also surprised at the wonderful and humorous person that she is. I can't wait to see what's next, maybe ear piercing.....




























1 comment:

steele life said...

Hey, I tagged you. Take a look at my blog and the post marked for today 9/9/08. follow the directions and post them on your blog and tag 6 more people, or if you dont know any, then just do the tag, and end it there. Its kinda fun to do.